- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 lb small mushrooms, I used a mixture of white button and brown cremini
- three Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 big shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (or dry Sherry)
- half cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- clean parsley
- sparkling thyme
- Set oven to 375F
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth. Cut off the ends of the stems, and slice them, as a substitute thickly. You can truly reduce small mushrooms in 1/2.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high warmness till quite warm. Brush the skin aspect of the thighs with a touch olive oil and, while the pan is good and hot, however now not smoking, brown the thighs, pores and skin down, for about 5 mins or until they’ve a pleasant brown colour. Remove them to a plate.
- Wipe out any burnt bits and add 2 Tbsp of the butter to the pan. Saute the garlic and the shallots for about five mins, stirring often and being careful no longer to permit the garlic burn. Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute for any other 5 mins, stirring frequently, till they start to shrink and brown.
- Add the wine to the pan and flip up the warmth and let it lessen down a bit.
- Add the cream to the pan and blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and end the sauce by means of stirring within the last bit of butter.
- Nestle the bird thighs back into the pan, spooning the sauce over them a bit as properly.
- Bake the thighs for approximately 20 mins, or until cooked via.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of sparkling parsley and/or thyme
- Chicken thighs are less expensive and versatile, if you love them like I do, attempt my Lemon Chicken Biryani, or my Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice and Mushrooms for different extraordinary methods to use them.
- Source : https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/chicken-thighs-marsala-two/