This Healthy Donut is perfect for donut lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
Servings: 12 donut
Calories: 60 kcal
- 1 cup unbleached whole wheat flour sifted
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend Natural Sweetener* or any other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Your favorite toppings: cinnamon and sugar powdered sugar, vanilla bean glaze (recipe below), melted chocolate, strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Grease your donut pan with a baking spray that has flour in it
Mix – flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
In a smaller bowl, gently whisk together egg whites, melted butter, skim milk, and vanilla.
Stir wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
Fill donut pan until each is about 3 quarters full making sure you don’t overfill.
Bake for 14-17 minutes. Donuts should be golden brown and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Tip donuts out onto a wire rack. Tap on the back of the pan if you have a few sticky ones.
Top with anything you like. For a vanilla glaze, mix 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon milk and a splash of vanilla extract. To top, simply wet your fingers with a little water and run it through the tops of the donut, then dip it in your favorite topping