Healthy Ground Turkey Stuffed Pepper
This Healthy Ground Turkey Stuffed Pepper is perfect for turkey lovers . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 large red bell peppers tops and seeds removed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 small onions chopped
- 1 4 ounce package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic minced2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half or to taste
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook peppers in boiling water until slightly tender, about 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in the hot oil until turkey is completely browned; drain grease from the turkey mixture. Transfer drained turkey mixture to a bowl and return skillet to medium heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet; add flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir until smooth. Stream milk and half-and-half into the flour mixture while stirring; bring to a boil. Cook and stir the milk mixture until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return turkey mixture to the skillet; add tomatoes and 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese. Cook and stir the turkey mixture until hot and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes; spoon into the bell pepper halves. Arrange stuffed pepper halves into the prepared baking dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and panko. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil, remove foil, and cook peppers under the broiler until the panko is browned, about 5 minutes.
The Source www.allrecipes.com
#stuffed peppers turkey#stuffed peppers turkey quinoa#stuffed peppers turkey healthy#stuffed peppers turkey and rice#stuffed peppers turkey easy