HONEY SRIRACHA TOFU
This HONEY SRIRACHA TOFU is perfect for vegan lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 14 ounce block House Foods medium firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch or corn starch for dusting
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or other neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 scallion finely chopped optional
Put tofu in Tofu Xpress for 1 hour or in the EZ Tofu Press for 15 minutes. Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes. Alternatively, you can drain the tofu and wrap in paper towel or tea towel to remove excess water. Repeat 3 to 4 times until the tofu is drier.
Whisk garlic, sriracha, soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
Dust tofu with corn starch until all sides are coated.
Use a medium large pan and turn the heat to high. Add oil and when the oil is hot, almost smoking, add tofu cubes. Be careful of oil spits! Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes without touching or tossing too much, until golden brown.
Add sauce and gently coat tofu cubes. Cook for 3 minutes.
Turn the heat off and add sesame oil and sesame seeds.
Stir once more to evenly coat tofu cubes and serve topped with scallions.