Cooking corned beef in the oven is much easier—and so much tastier—than boiling it. This 5-star Oven-Roasted Corned Beef Brisket Recipe guarantees a tender and delicious St. Patrick’s Day feast.
This recipe is a mix of several I’ve found that combines some of the aspects of smoking a brisket and braising.
Brisket contains a lot of connecting tissue and fat so cooking at low temps is best for this cut of meat. Cooking at low temps allows the fat and connective tissue to render into the meat making it pretty tender but depending on the structure of the cut you pick out cooking times could vary. Allow plenty of time to prepare this.
Imposible Braised Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 5 pound flat-cut corned beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce such as Kitchen Bouquet®, or as desired
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion sliced6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Discard any flavoring packet from corned beef. Brush brisket with browning sauce on both sides. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown brisket on both sides in the hot oil, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place brisket on a rack set in a roasting pan. Scatter onion and garlic slices over brisket and add water to roasting pan. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until meat is tender, about 6 hours.
#beef recipes for dinner#beef recipes easy#beef recipes crockpot#beef recipes ground#roast beef recipes