This italian skillet chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms is perfect for chicken lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 4 large chicken cutlets boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4-inch thin cutlets
- 1 tbsp dried oregano divided
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour more for later
- Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil buy here
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 14 oz grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Handful baby spinach optional
Pat chicken cutlets dry. Season on both sides with 1/2 tbsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Coat the chicken cutlets with the flour; dust off excess. Set aside briefly.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet with a lid like this one. Brown the chicken cutlets on both sides (3 minutes or so). Transfer the chicken cutlets to a plate for now.
In the same skillet, add more olive oil if needed. Add the mushrooms and saute briefly on medium-high (about 1 minute or so). Then add the tomatoes, garlic, the remaining 1/2 tbsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp flour. Cook for another 3 minutes or so, stirring regularly.
Now add the white wine, cook briefly to reduce just a little; then add the lemon juice and chicken broth.
Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the chicken back in the skillet. Cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and its internal heat registers a minimum of 165 degrees F.
If you like, stir in a handful of baby spinach just before serving. Enjoy hot with your favorite small pasta like orzo and a crusty Italian bread!