- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice or pilaf (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove plastic wrap. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt. and lemon pepper. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook the chicken breasts in the hot butter, half at a time, over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add lemon slices to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Return all of the chicken to the skillet, overlapping chicken breasts slightly. Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until pan juices are slightly reduced. Serve chicken, lemon slices, and pan juices over hot cooked rice or pilaf, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
2 starch, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat.
Source : https://www.bhg.com/recipe/poultry/lemon-butter-chicken-breasts/