4 slices beef, diced
2 cups vegetable oil, or more, as needed
3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped sparkling chives
half of teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
2 massive eggs, crushed
1 1/2 cups Panko*
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add beef and prepare dinner till brown and crispy, about 6-eight minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-covered plate; set apart.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high warmness.
- In a massive bowl, integrate mashed potatoes, cheese, chives, cayenne pepper and bacon.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll the combination into 1 1/4-to-1 half of-inch balls, forming about 25.
- Working separately, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, upload balls to the Dutch oven and prepare dinner till flippantly golden and crispy, about 2-three mins. Transfer to a paper towel-covered plate.
- Serve right now, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be located within the Asian phase of your neighborhood grocery store.
Source : https://damndelicious.net/2015/11/14/loaded-mashed-potato-balls/