50 g Fairtrade cocoa
6 tbsp boiling water
3 large eggs
50 ml milk
175 g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g soft butter
300 g caster sugar
150 g Good Fairtrade chocolate broken into small pieces
3 tbsp apricot jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease two eight inch sandwich tins and line bases.
- Measure the cocoa into a bowl, add the boiling water and mix until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined –– this can be done in a mixer or by hand.
- Divide the cake mixture between the prepared tins.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about twenty-five to thirty minutes until well risen and shrinking away from the sides of the tin.
- For the icing, measure the chocolate and cream together in a bowl. Stand the bowl in a pan of simmering water and stir until just melted. Remove fron the heat and allow to become cold and nearly set. NEXT STEP