1 C. butter, melted
2 C. sugar
1/2 C. cocoa powder
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 C. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
2-3 drops green food coloring
3 Tbsp. whipping cream
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (add 1/3 C. extra if you live in a hot place)
1/3 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan. I like to line mine with parchment first so it’s easy to remove in the end 🙂 Set pan aside.
2.In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix on low until combined and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
3. Add flour and salt and stir just until combined.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into your prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 25-30 minute, careful not to over bake! You want them fudge 🙂
6. Let brownies cool completely.
7. Mint Filling: Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer (I used my whisk attachement) and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add only as much green dye as you want, or none at all!
8. Chocolate Ganache: Place all ingredients in a microwave proof bowl and microwave until the chocolate chips start to melt (about 1 minute) then stir. Microwave a little longer and stir until smooth. Let cool a few minutes
9. To assemble: When the brownies are completely cool spread the mint filling over the top of them then refrigerate the two layers for about 20 minutes to let the filling set up a little bit. Then pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the mint filling, spreading carefully with a knife to the edges. (If the chocolate ganache starts to thicken up, just zap it again in the microwave for a few minutes. My ganache was quite thin, so a just shook the pan to spread it out!) Place the pan back in the fridge for an hour, or until the chocolate layer is set. To serve, cut with a sharp knife and enjoy! (You can speed up any of the chilling times by placing in the freezer 🙂 That’s what I did because I couldn’t wait!!
Copyright © YourCupofCake