OLD-FASHIONED CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Challenge Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups Challenge Butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Fresh whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh berries, for garnish (optional
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
With an electric stand mixer, cream butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time and make sure each one is completely mixed in before adding the next, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Start checking for doneness at 1 hour by inserting a toothpick near the center of the cake. When it comes out clean, the cake is done.
Allow cake to cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
To serve, slice cake and garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of freshly whipped cream and fresh berries.