This One-Pot Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta is perfect for chicken lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lb 680 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 cups 150 g white mushroom, or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 cups 710 mL chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups 355 mL heavy cream
- 1 cup 250 mL marsala wine
- 3 cups 300 g penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup 125 g shredded parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- fresh parsley optional garnish
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, and the mushrooms and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions are browned, stirring occasionally.
Return the chicken to the pot. Add the stock, cream, wine, and pasta and bring up to a simmer. Add the pasta and cover.
*Marsala wine can be purchased at most grocery stores near the dessert or sweet wines and gives the dish a distinct flavor. However, if you can’t get your hands on Marsala, you can substitute 1 cup of white wine plus 1 ½ tablespoons of brandy.
Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese until smooth. Remove from heat.
Garnish with fresh parsley.