Skip to content
- 2 medium candy potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1-2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
- few pinches of coarse or fine sea salt – I love this celtic sea salt from Selina Naturals, because it’s un-refined and is loaded with essential minerals our our bodies want.
- Preheat oven to four hundred stages.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Rub parchment paper with a chunk of coconut oil.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, and cut them in half lengthwise. Sweet potatoes can be hard to cut in half of, so ensure to apply a sharp chefs knife.
- Generously rub each aspects of every candy potato with the melted coconut oil and then sprinkle with sea salt. Tip: If you do not want to melt your coconut oil within the microwave, you can use a small oven-proof bowl or ramekin and melt the coconut oil in the oven at the same time as it is preheating. This best takes a couple of minutes.
- Place the candy potatoes cut-facet down at the parchment paper. Sprinkle tops of sweet potatoes with extra salt.
- Roast them inside the pre-heated oven for about 25-30 minutes (roasting times can range, as candy potatoes range in length).
- The quality manner to inform if a sweet potato is completed cooking is to use your fingers. They’re finished when you can without problems squeeze them, and the skins will dent whilst poked with a finger, also the skin must without difficulty shy away from the potato. Flip them over and the interiors might be smooth, and the edges barely browned and caramelized.
- These candy potatoes are first-rate served heat.
- Slather every sweet potato with a few coconut oil or butter and additional sea salt to flavor. The coconut oil and butter will soften into the candy potato and it will glisten and beckon for you to dig in.