What better treat to celebrate a summer holiday like the Fourth of July than a delicious and refreshing no-bake Paleo AIP Blueberry Cheesecake?!
When it’s a scorcher outside, nobody feels like turning on the oven and making the house even hotter (unless you are a crazy baking addict too, just like yours truly). And that’s when no bake desserts come in super handy, as they allow us to satisfy our sweet tooth without spending house sweating in the kitchen.
I got the idea for this Paleo AIP Blueberry Cheesecake from the Paleo Carrot Cake Cheesecake I created last Easter. but I because I wanted everybody to have a chance to enjoy this dessert, I decided to create a nut free version of it (the carrot cake one has cashews), so that even people who are intolerant to nuts or on the elimination stage of the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) can enjoy it too!
As always, this recipe is also dairy and gluten free and free from refined sugar as well
How do you make the CRUST for this AIP Blueberry Cheesecake?
Let’s start talking about the crust. I already mentioned to you that the whole cake requires zero baking… And the reason for this this is that all the ingredients used in the crust of this AIP Blueberry Cheesecake are completely edible raw!
You’ll see for yourself once you take a look at the recipe card… but now that I am reading them over as I put together this post, I am actually thinking that the crust alone would make for really amazing energy balls!
How can you make an AIP Blueberry Cheesecake without nuts?
This is a totally fair question! When you don’t use any eggs nor cheese, and you need to cut out nuts as well, it’s really hard to give your cheesecake filling enough substance to actually hold well together! BUT, there is one ingredient that can solve all of your problems with its incredible thickening powers: grass fed gelatin!!
This is an incredible tool that can help you make wonders in the kitchen when you are on a restricted diet and need to stay away from certain ingredients.
I used it to replace dairy and recreate the ricotta filling for my AIP Cannoli in my “Paleo AIP Italian Cookbook”
and also to replace eggs and create grain free batters that are actually spongy (like the one of my AIP Lemon Blueberry Muffins.
I am telling you: it takes a little bit of time and practice to get used to working with gelatin, but the results it can give are pretty outstanding!
Paleo Diet Desserts Blueberry Cheesecake (Nut Free, Egg Free)
- Equipment you’ll need:
- a Digital Scale
- a Vitamix or another high speed blender
- a Food Processor
- a Silicon Cake Pan with a 6 inch (17 cdiameter
- For the Crust:
- 50 gr Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 50 gr Tigernut Flour can be replaced with Hazelnut Flour or Almond Flour if you are not on the AIP
- 5 gr (1 tsCarob Powder
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 4 Dried Apricots about 40 gr
- 1 tbsp (12 gCoconut Butter
- 1 tbsp (18 gCoconut Oil room temperature
- 1 tbsp (10 gLemon Juice
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 125 gr fresh Blueberries
- 40 gr frozen Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 7 gr (1 tbsp + ½ tsCollagen
- *125 gr Coconut Yogurt *if on the AIP, make sure you opt for a compliant brand
- 20 gr Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ tsp Gelatin Powder
- For the Decorations:
- 30 gr Raspberries a small handful
- 1 tsp Coconut Cream obtained by refrigerating full fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Coconut Flakes chopped
- For the AIP Blueberry Cheesecake Filling:
- Combine blueberries, strawberries, lemon juice, collagen and coconut flour your Vitamix or high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer this mixture in a bowl, mix in the coconut yogurt and set aside.
- Heat up coconut milk and vanilla in a small sauce pan, and when hot (do not let it it get to a boitake it off the stove and sift in the gelatin powder mixing it well with a milk frother.
- Add the hot coconut milk mixture to the blueberry mixture, give it nice stir so they are well blended and let your AIP cheesecake filling cool down in the refrigerator while you prepare the raspberry jam.
- Mash the raspberries and cook them in a small saucepan for 2 or 3 minutes, until they become like a creamy jam. Let cool down in the refrigerator and move on to the crust.
- For the AIP Blueberry Cheesecake Crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you have a nice, crumbly mixture.
- Press down the dough into a 6″ inch diameter silicon mold and set to rest in the refrigerator.
- When the cheesecake filling has reached room temperature, pour it over the crust and drizzle some drops of coconut cream and raspberry jam on top, creating swirls with a toothpick.
- Refrigerate your Paleo AIP Blueberry Cheesecake for at least 1 and 1/2 hour. The filling will thicken up to the perfect consistency and you’ll enjoy a perfectly rich and creamy no-bake cheesecake!
I am super excited you want to try this healthy Paleo AIP Blueberry Cheesecake, and I hope it’ll be the star of your Fourth of July party!
As always, make sure to share the recipe with your friends on Facebook, to save it on your favorite Pinterest board, and to subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you never miss a post!!
Lots of love and I will catch you soon, Ambra
The Source http://www.littlebitesofbeauty.com/paleo-aip-blueberry-cheesecake/#1465215056538-ec69775e-02ecb74d-d1621fd3-53a5fd72-1867