For peppermint bark:
- 4 oz. high quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 oz. high quality semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable, coconut, or canola oil-divided
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- ⅓ cup candy cane-crushed
For Oreo crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies(with the filling)-finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
For cheesecake filling:
- 4 – 8oz cream cheese-softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- peppermint bark –chopped into small pieces
For white chocolate ganache:
- 5.5oz. high quality white chocolate-finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whipped cream
- Crushed candy cane or hard peppermint candies
- dark chocolate pieces
To make peppermint bark:
- Melt 4 oz. high quality white chocolate broken into pieces with ½ vegetable oil, stir in ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract and spread onto parchment paper lined tray or baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt 4 oz. high quality semi-sweet chocolate broken into pieces with ½ vegetable oil, stir in ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract and spread onto white chocolate layer, sprinkle with crushed candy cane and place in the freezer .
- It’s better do this step a day or at least a few hours ahead!!!
- When the bark is chilled completely, cut it into small pieces and save it in the freezer until ready to make the cake.
To make the crust:
- Line the bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides of the pan, then place springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil and securely wrap foil around pan to make sure no water gets in during the baking.
- Combine finely crushed Oreo crumbs and melted butter, then press the mixture evenly into bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to firm the crust while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, salt and extracts. Add eggs one at a time and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Toss chopped frozen peppermint bark with 1 tablespoon flour, then gently stir the pieces into the cheesecake filling and pour over the Oreo crust, smooth the top and place springform pan in a large roasting pan and add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and bake the cake for 70-90 minutes (until center is just set and top appears dull).Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for additional 30 minutes.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
To make white chocolate ganache:
- Bring heavy cream just to a boil, and pour over chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool and pour over the cheesecake. When the ganache is set run a thin knife around the edge of the cake and remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream, crushed candy cane and chopped chocolate.
- Store in the fridge.
You can watch this video to make it easier