This is one of my favorite fruit salad recipes, because I think the sauce really makes it. The fruit salad is perfect for backyard bbq or any event. This salad is better, if the sauce is left over the longer and can let it sink in. juice. I prefer 3 to 4 hours in the fridge before I serve it.
Perfect Summer Fruit Salad
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas sliced
- 2 oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
- Bring orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- Layer the fruit in a large, clear glass bowl in this order: pineapple, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bananas, oranges, grapes, and blueberries. Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.