Easy no-bake Christmas cookie recipe. Low-fat gingerbread cookies are perfect for the holidays! Only plant-based whole ingredients and NO refined sugars.
This gingerbread cookie dough is flavorful with a super moist and chewy center. Gingerbread recipes often require eggs, butter and molasses but I found that none of those ingredients were needed to re-create a raw, cruelty-free version. I used soft khadrawy dates that have a molasses flavor to them, but any variety will work for this recipe. Just make sure they are soft. You can soak them in warm water at least an hour before blending.
- View notes for ingredient substitutes.
- 1 ¼ cup pitted dates, packed
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup buckwheat groats
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Optional: 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Blend all ingredients, except for dates, in a high-speed blender or food processor until you get a fine consistency like flour.
- Add in half of the dates and process until well combined, then add the remaining dates until you have a uniform dough.
- Scoop dough out about 1 tablespoon in size, roll into balls or flatten with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to make desired shapes.
- Roll balls into coconut sugar or sprinkle on top of cookies.
- For more Information http://rawmanda.com/raw-gingerbread-cookies-balls/?