This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is the best you’ll ever have! The caramel sauce is my favorite and you’ll find that it isn’t simply drizzled on top, but it’s actually layered inside the cheesecake as well! It’s smooth, creamy and delicious!
This cheesecake is truly a combination of two of my very favorite things – caramel and cheesecake. And when it comes to caramel cheesecake, I didn’t want to settle. A simple cheesecake with some caramel drizzled on top just wasn’t enough. I want ALL the caramel in my caramel cheesecake. Sweet, salty, buttery caramel should be the main flavor, not simply the topping.
Salted Caramel Cheesecake
1 hr 55 mins
2 hrs 55 mins
This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is perfect for cheesecake lovers . It’s fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party…!
- 2 1/2cups 518g sugar
- 10tbsp 140g salted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4cups 300ml heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 6tbsp 49g all purpose flour, sifted
- 2cups 268g graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2cup salted butter melted
- 3tbsp brown sugar
- 24oz 678g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1cup 144g light brown sugar
- 3tbsp 24g all purpose flour
- 1cup 230g sour cream
- 1 1/2tbsp vanilla extract
- 4large eggs
- Toffee bits
- To make the caramel sauce, pour the sugar into an even layer in a large saucepan.
- Heat on medium-high heat, whisking the sugar until melted. The sugar will clump up first, but will eventually completely melt. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Once the sugar has melted, stop whisking and allow to cook until the sugar has turned to a little darker amber color. You may notice a nutty aroma. The change in color will happen quickly, so don’t let it go too long or get too dark or it’ll burn. Remove the caramel from the heat.
- Add the butter and whisk until combined. The mixture will bubble up quite a bit, but keep whisking until all the butter has melted and combined.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into the caramel and whisk until incorporated. I find it can help to add just a bit at a time until the caramel starts to thin out, then you can add the rest. Whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
- Set about 1 1/2 cups of caramel sauce aside for topping. Add the flour to the remaining caramel and set that aside.
- To make the cheesecake crust, preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in (see how I prepare my pan for a water bath). Set prepared pan aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- Pour the caramel sauce with the flour into the bottom of the crust and spread into an even layer.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and flour in a large mixer bowl on low speed until well combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust, over the caramel.
get full instructions www.lifeloveandsugar.com