Shortbread cookies are simple and classic buttery cookies that melt in your mouth. These easy cookies are made using a cookie press to create perfect holiday bites. High-quality butter and vanilla will produce the best results.
Shortbread cookies are simple and classic buttery Christmas cookies that melt in your mouth. These easy cookies are made using a cookie press to create perfect holiday bites.
Shortbread cookies are a butter based cookie that will literally melt in your mouth! I use a cookie press to make these cookies so they do look similar to a Spritz Cookie. The texture and flavor are different as spritz cookies generally contain an egg while shortbread does not.
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, vanilla & powdered sugar on medium until mixed.
- Add in cornstarch and flour. Beat just until combined.
- Place dough into cookie press and press onto an ungreased pan (Or you can make small balls about 3/4″ and press flat with fork). Add sprinkles or colored sugar if desired.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or just until done. Immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- for more information https://www.spendwithpennies.com/grandmas-shortbread-cookies-cookie-press/