This spicy shrimp and avocado salad has cucumbers, spinach, shrimp, and avocado with a creamy miso dressing. Awesome healthy lunch!
for the salad:
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups sliced avocados (2 small)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 cups chopped spinach or baby kale
- fresh chopped cilantro for topping
- peanuts for topping
for the dressing:
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso (it’s like a paste – you can buy it at many regular grocery stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and shrimp; sprinkle with the chili powder and cayenne directly in the pan. Saute for a few minutes on each side until the shrimp are no longer clear and have a nice golden color on the outside.
- Cut the avocados in half; cut lines through the avocado vertically and horizontally and scoop the flesh out with a spoon (like this). Peel and dice the cucumber. Chop the spinach or baby kale into small bite sized pieces. Arrange in a bowl with the shrimp.
- Puree all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preferences. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately (or store the individual parts separately in the refrigerator until ready to serve). Top with fresh cilantro and peanuts for crunch.
- get more informations please visit the source https://pinchofyum.com/spicy-shrimp-avocado-salad-miso-dressing