- 2 ears of sweet corn, shaved off the cob
- three strips of bacon, diced
- half of lb. Huge shrimp, peeled with tails on or off
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/three cup grated Fontina cheese (optionally available)
- buttermilk pesto dressing (see under)
BUTTERMILK PESTO DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- half of cup buttermilk
- half of cup mayo or Greek yogurt
- 1/four cup pesto, selfmade or storebought
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper, to flavor
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Heat a skillet over high warmness. Add the corn kernels and allow them to dry-roast for about 6-eight mins, stirring sometimes, until their edges begin to brown and caramelize. Transfer the corn to a plate to set aside.
- Reduce warmth to medium-high. In the same skillet, upload the bacon. Fry for about 6 minutes, stirring ocassionally, until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the grease inside the skillet.
- Add the shrimp and saute until cooked and red, about 2 mins according to facet (depending on the size of your shrimp). Remove shrimp and set aside. (You’re now done with your multi-tasking skillet!)
- Assemble your salads by means of tossing together the Romaine, corn, bacon, shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- Whisk collectively all substances till blended. Season with salt and pepper