- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- three carrots coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces clean mushrooms finely chopped (I used the food processor)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless hen breast or thighs
- half of teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- half of teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small sparkling rosemary sprig
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce or undeniable tomato sauce
- 1 cup low sodium hen broth
- three potatoes cut up
- 1 clean thyme sprig
- 3 leaves clean sage
- Season hen with paprika, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a massive skillet. Place hen in pan and brown on both aspects. Remove to slow cooker.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms to pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Saute until veggies are fragrant and any liquid evaporates, about five minutes. Scoop into sluggish cooker.
- Add potatoes, herbs, Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce, and hen broth to sluggish cooker and toss the whole lot lightly. Cover and cook on high for four hours.
You can replacement 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes for the Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce if you like. If you do, add a few chopped garlic cloves to the greens while sauteing.