- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, OR four-6 boneless skinless chook thighs
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta (see note)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- three teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 3 cups low sodium hen broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to flavor)
- half cup shaved or finely shredded parmesan cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper and herbs (together with thyme or parsley) for garnish
- Season hen with a bit of the Italian seasonings and salt and pepper on each aspects. Cook in a large nonstick skillet on the stove over medium-excessive warmness 1-2 minutes on every side till browned at the outsides.
- Transfer chook to a greased slow cooker. Add chicken broth, butter, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and salt and pepper to sluggish cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low for three-four hours. Stir in orzo, cover and prepare dinner for some other 30-45 minutes on excessive.
- Uncover and use a fork to drag bird out of the sluggish cooker. Stir contents of gradual cooker, then go back chicken to slow cooker, on top of the orzo aggregate.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over bird. Cover and prepare dinner until cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with clean herbs and cracked black pepper if preferred.
- **Some readers have found that the orzo is simply too “gentle” for his or her flavor whilst cooked within the crockpot with the chicken. If you’re weary of this, I propose cooking the orzo separately and stirring in on the give up. You will handiest want 2 cups of chook broth in the crockpot with the hen in case you pick out to do it this way and may discard any closing broth on the stop. Also, I suggest if you do cook your orzo one by one to simply observe bundle’s instructions and use fowl broth in preference to water as this will give the orzo extra taste.
- Source : https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slow-cooker-parmesan-herb-chicken-orzo