Skip to content
- 1 entire fowl (approximately 4-5 lbs.), insides removed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-floor black pepper
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/four teaspoon onion powder
- (aluminum foil, or thickly-sliced onions or veggies)
- Rinse the hen very well and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder until mixed. Rub the seasoning blend all over chicken — at the outdoor skin, the inside cavity, and (if you’re feeling courageous) at the chook breasts under the pores and skin.
- Roll up a few small balls of aluminum foil (or thickly slice some onions, and/or vegetables) area them on the bottom of your sluggish cooker bowl to function a “rack” for the chicken, in order that it doesn’t should cook within the juices to be able to collect in the backside of the sluggish cooker. Place the fowl on pinnacle of the aluminum foil (or veggies), pressing it down a bit if want be for the lid to fit. Cover and cook on low for six-8 hours, or on excessive for four-five hours until the hen is cooked via and reaches an inner temperature of a hundred and sixty degrees F.
- Carefully get rid of the bird from the gradual cooker (it could be so tender that it falls apart on you), discard the bones, and serve the hen as desired.
- *I used this small three-quart slow cooker, and the bird just slightly suit. (It additionally contracted down a piece whilst cooking.)