6-8 boneless chicken thighs fat removed and cut into 1-2 inch cubes
2 carrots peeled and sliced
2 stalks of celery sliced
1 small-medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 medium tomatoes diced
12 baby potatoes left entire or cut in half
1 three/4 cup hen stock
1 tablespoon tomato paste non-obligatory!
2 tablespoon white wine
1 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed with side of knife
half of teaspoon salt
a spray of sparkling rosemary more or less teaspoon chopped
Just before serving:
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Slow Cooker :
- Toss hen, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, chicken inventory, tomato paste, wine, fennel seeds and salt into the gradual cooker.
- Cook on the lowest placing for 4-6 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the corn starch with the water and mix till no lumps continue to be.
- Add the water/cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary. Taste and upload extra salt if important.
- Turn warmness to excessive, and prepare dinner for 10-half-hour, till slightly thickened.
To gather ahead and freeze:
- In a heavy-obligation gallon sized freezer bag, integrate all components except the water/cornstarch/balsamic vinegar. **Make sure to depart the baby potatoes complete**
- Remove as a good deal air as feasible and freeze for up to a few months.
- Thaw absolutely before cooking on low for 5-6 hours (test that potatoes are cooked thru).
- Stir inside the water, cornstarch and balsamic vinegar, set to high, and cook for 10-half-hour, until thickened.
- Serve with a crusty baguette, or fresh focaccia.
- I used a five quart sluggish cooker.
- Find directions to prepare within the Instant Pot on this Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Stew submit!
- Source : https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-tuscan-chicken-stew/