Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili gluten free,Whole30,Dairy-free
This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is perfect for slow cooker lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1 ½ lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or avocado oil for stovetop version only
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium bell pepper any color; diced
- 1 small jalapeno seeds and membranes removed and finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic. minced
- 2 ½ tsp. ground cumin add more to taste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder add more to taste
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups organic chicken broth or homemade bone broth for thicker soup reduce broth to 2 cups
- 1 14- ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish optional
Slow Cooker Directions
Add onion, peppers, garlic and spices (cumin through black pepper) to the bottom of a slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in a single layer.
Add broth and place lid on slow cooker.
Set heat to LOW and cook 7-8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker.
Turn heat to HIGH. Add coconut milk, stir and replace lid. Continue heating an additional 10-15 minutes or until soup is heated through.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Place a large saucepan with lid (or Dutch oven) over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. ghee or coconut oil and allow to melt. When ghee just starts to shimmer, add onions and peppers. Saute 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion and peppers starts to soften.
Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Continue to cook an additional 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
Lay chicken in pan over the onion and pepper mixture. Add 2 cups broth and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken in the pan using two forks.
get full instructions http://therealfoodrds.com