Softbatch Glazed Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
This Softbatch Glazed Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies is perfect for cookies lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese not ‘spreadable’ or whipped cream cheese)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract do not substitute with lemon juice
- yellow food coloring optional and as desired
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest or 2 tablespoons if you want cookies very lemony
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice or as necessary for consistency
- lemon zest for garnishing
Cookies – To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) add the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, light, fluffy, and well combined, about 3 minutes.
Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the egg, lemon extract, and beat on medium-high speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and optionally add the lemon food coloring (as many drops as necessary until desired shade is achieved), the lemon zest, and beat on medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute; don’t overmix.