Southwest Breakfast Quesadilla
- Makes: 1 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 25
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt-free southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated fresh pico de gallo or chopped tomato
- Refrigerated fresh pico de gallo or chopped tomato (optional)
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add egg to hot skillet; sprinkle with seasoning blend. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until egg begins to set on the bottom and around edge. Using a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 30 to 60 seconds or until egg is cooked through but is still glossy and moist.
- Immediately spoon cooked egg onto one side of the tortilla. Top with cheese, beans, and the 2 tablespoons pico de gallo. Fold tortilla over filling to cover; press gently.
- Wipe out the same skillet with a paper towel. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook filled tortilla in hot skillet about 2 minutes or until tortilla is browned and filling is heated through, turning once. If desired, top with additional pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 1
PER SERVING: 175 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 9 mg chol., 507 mg sodium, 25 g carb. (14 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 19 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 1.5; Lean Meat (d.e):