this creamy, decadent, spicy beer cheese soup is made with extra sharp white cheddar and american lager. spicy white cheddar beer cheese soup is the perfect comfort food served in a bread bowl!
This Spicy White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup is perfect for Soup lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeno chopped (remove seeds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of light beer a light lager is preferable
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 Tbsp. black peppercorns whole
- 1/2 Tbsp. caraway seeds toasted if possible
- small handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1/2 cup half and half room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups of white cheddar cheese shredded (adjust this to your liking!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large or 4 (small) bread bowls
- chives and chopped bacon for garnish
In a deep pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook until veggies become very tender, about 20 minutes.
Add flour, and stir continuously to avoid browning. Let the veggies and flour cook for a few minutes, as this will alleviate the "flour" taste from occurring in the soup. The consistency of the veggies and flour together should feel similar to a vegetable "paste" as you stir it.
Slowly add the beer, while still stirring continuously. Then, slowly whisk in the chicken stock. Add the bay leaf, black peppercorns, caraway seeds, and fresh thyme.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
get full instructions aflavorjournal.com
#winter recipes healthy#winter recipes healthy clean eating#winter recipes healthy dinners#soup recipes#soup recipes healthy#soup recipes slow cooker#soup recipes easy