Before this coffee cake, I thought that I wasn’t really a coffee cake person. It’s not that I dislike it – I mean, who doesn’t like cake for breakfast? There were just so many things I would like to have for breakfast even more. But Frank and I have fallen into a tea routine – we both drink tea like it’s going out of style. It was with all this tea drinking that made me want a cake like this one – with a light, sweet base that hints of cinnamon, tart fruit, and crumbly topping piled high.
Summer Raspberry Almond Coffeecake
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine raspberries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine sour cream, butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg, and add to flour mixture. Stir just until moist. Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread raspberry mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over raspberry mixture. Top with almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well. Drizzle glaze over cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
#dessert recipes easy#dessert recipes easy quick#dessert recipes for a crowd#dessert recipes chocolate#healthy dessert recipes#apple dessert recipes