- 2 half cups flour
- three/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/four cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- half of tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- half cup ricotta cheese
- Crystallized or candied ginger- non-compulsory (I used a Baker’s Cut from Trader Joe’s.)
For the cream cheese “batter”
- eight ouncesof cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the dry ingredients- flour thru the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients- the milk via the lemon juice and zest. (Tip- Always zest the lemon before juicing it. To get the lemon to juice simpler, microwave it for 10 seconds. Roll the warmed lemon with your hands for your counter and then cut in half of. Hold the lemon halves cut side up as you squeeze out the juice to save you the lemon seeds from stepping into your bowl.)
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients a touch at a time. Mix until incorporated, however attempt no longer to over mix.
- Fold within the blueberries.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until high-quality and creamy. Gently fold half of of the cream cheese “batter” into the blueberry muffin batter.
- Fill every muffin cup in your pan approximately 2/three of the way full with your muffin/cream cheese swirled batter. Grab the last cream cheese batter and drop one tablespoon of it on top of each muffin. Using the lower back of a spoon, press the batter into and swirl it across the top of every muffin.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cakes with the chopped crystallized or candied ginger and gently press them into the tops of the muffins with a spoon.
- Bake for about half-hour at 375 ranges, turning your muffin tin as soon as midway via baking. The cream cheese tops of the cakes will get golden edges whilst completed, but shouldn’t be brown. A toothpick inserted inside the middle of the desserts must come out clean when done.
- Allow the desserts to chill in the pan for approximately five mins and then transfer them to a twine rack to cool completely.
- Store in an hermetic box within the refrigerator.