For the Muffins
- 2 C white complete wheat or all-cause flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ C sugar
- ⅓ C butter, melted and cooled
- 1 C milk
- three tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 C fresh blueberries
For the Glaze
- 1 C confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tbsp clean lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Stir in butter, milk, and lemon juice until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Fill approximately ¾ full. I used about 1 tablespoon of batter consistent with cup.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or till edges just start to turn golden brown. Move to a wire rack to chill.
- While donut desserts are cooling, prepare the glaze. Stir together confectioner’s sugar, milk, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Dip tops of donut desserts in glaze. Allow glaze to harden and serve.