sweet potato chicken poppers (paleo & aip)
This sweet potato chicken poppers is perfect for potatoes Lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1 lb ground chicken uncooked
- 2 cups uncooked sweet potato finely grated (I used a wide cheese grated like this or you can use your food processor)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 tbsp coconut flour I recommend this brand
- 2-3 sprigs green onion chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional : 1 tsp paprika or chili powder not AIP but adds a kick!
Preheat the oven to 400 F and lightly grease a lined baking sheet with coconut oil
Take the raw sweet potato and squeeze it with a paper towel or cheese cloth to remove any excess liquid
Then, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine
Begin rolling the mixture into small, slightly flattened poppers about one inch in diameter (you’ll have about 20-25 poppers) and place them on the cooking sheet
Place in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping half way through. Crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes to crisp further. Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through
Allow to cool and serve with your favorite sauce! These are made for dipping so pair them with guacamole, ketchup, mustard, etc!