This is the single most requested recipe in my entire repertoire. Maybe its because the sweet, sour, spicy, salty and savoury flavours of Thailand are one of my favourite ways to fill a bowl. They’re seductively addictive, always well balanced and one of the world’s great cuisines. They’re also easy! This is a very simple dish to make.
This Winter Thai Coconut Curry Soup is perfect for soup lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 cans 14-ounce/400 mL eachof premium coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon 20 mL of Thai curry paste
- the tender stems of 1 bunch of cilantro rinsed well
- 2 chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL0 of chicken broth
- 1 carrot shredded
- 4 or 5 lime leaves
- 2 stalks of lemon grass halved lengthwise, woody leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons 30 mL of fish sauce
- the zest and juice of 2 limes
- a small knob frozen ginger
- a handful bean sprouts
- a 8 ounce 225 g package rice noodles
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves rinsed well
- 2 or 3 green onions thinly sliced
- a sprinkle or two salt or soy sauce
Scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of just one of the cans into a large stockpot set over a medium-high heat. Melt the cream, add the curry paste and stir for a few minutes until they begin to sizzle.
Add the cilantro roots and chicken and sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the coconut juice from the first can and all the contents of the second can along with the chicken broth, carrot, lime leaves, lemon grass, fish sauce and lime zest and juice. Grate the frozen ginger into the broth with a Microplane grater or standard box grater. Simmer for 20 minutes or so.
get full instructions http://chefmichaelsmith.com