For the Avocado Tuna Cakes:
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea EZ-Open Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water (five ounce cans), drained
- 1/four cup pro complete wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sparkling cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce plus additional to taste
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 huge egg
Optional, for Serving:
- Whole wheat hamburger buns toasted entire wheat bread, or a mattress of blended greens
- Sliced avocado cheese, plain Greek yogurt or bitter cream, cilantro, salsa
- Preheat the oven to four hundred ranges F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large blending bowl, gently mash the avocado. Add the tuna, bread crumbs, purple onion, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and egg. Mix until the components are fairly well blended. (It’s good enough if the combination is a bit clumpy.)
- Form into 6 patties, then set up the patties at the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, then retain baking till the outsides are lightly crisp and the cakes are cooked via, approximately 10 additional minutes. Enjoy heat.
- Store leftovers in an hermetic field inside the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in a lightly oiled skillet over medium warmth.
- If you’d like to make the recipe gluten loose, use gluten-free bread crumbs. You may also switch ground gluten-unfastened rolled oats. (I have not attempted both, but I suppose each might work properly.)