What you’ll need to make your Baked Chicken Parmesan:
3 medium sized skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cooking spray
- Olive oil (optional)
- Beat together your water and your egg to form an egg wash. Pour the egg wash in to a bowl or plate with raised edges. Take each of the chicken breasts and set them in to the egg wash coating each side.
- Add your flour, Parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, and fresh chopped parsley to a bowl and mix together with your hand.
- Take the breading mixture and coat one side of the egg washed chicken. Flip and repeat that process. Once fully coated with your breading mixture, place each piece of chicken in an oven safe pan. Make sure you coat the pan with cooking spray or grease.
- Place the chicken breasts in the preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15 minutes on one side. Remove the pan, flip your chicken breasts over and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- NOT CHEF TIP: If the cooking spray or grease from your pan is not completely in contact with your chicken, or the egg wash and liquids from the chicken don’t saturate the breading mixture you may want to lightly brush some olive oil, or spray cooking spray over the chicken breast when you remove the pan to flip the chicken. It may appear to be white. If this is the case, just lightly grease the breasts before they return to the oven.
- I like to broil the breasts for 3 to 4 minutes at the end to crisp up the outside.
- Plate and enjoy! Served in the video with mashed potatoes and gravy, and a pea/corn mixture.