This The Best Basic Vanilla Cake is perfect for cake Lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk buttermilk can also be used
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour 2 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk and add it to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Take care to not over-bake. Check the cake at 15 minutes to see how it is doing and judge the timing from there.
Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack. Fill and frost the cake with your favorite frosting.
Wrap baked and cooled cake layers tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. Assemble and frost the cake within 2 days.
Or layers can be triple wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Leave wrapped and set on the counter to thaw slightly before use.
Once the cake has been assembled, cover it and keep it stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Bring it to room temperature just before serving.
The frosted cake can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature just before serving.
Make sure to use room temperature ingredients. Cold eggs will be difficult to thoroughly mix in and will cause the cake to be dense.
2. Measure the flour by lightly spooning it into the measuring cup then level the cup with the back of a knife. Or use the weight measurement listed in the ingredients under the "metric" tab.
3. If you don't have cake flour, you can make Homemade Cake Flour.
4. Start checking the cake 5-7 minutes sooner than the bake time listed.
- If the toothpick comes out with wet batter on it, it needs more baking time.
- If the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs on it, it’s perfectly baked and needs to be removed from the oven.
- If the toothpick comes out completely clean, I’m sorry to say, you’ve over baked the cake and it will be dry.
- Bake the cake in 3 8-inch round pans for 15-25 minutes, 2 12-cup muffin pans for 15-18 minutes, or a 9x13-inch pan for 30-35 minutes. If you wish to make changes other than these, please consult this guide for how to convert pan sizes.
- You can change the flavor of the cake by adding your favorite extract or essence.
- This cake can be transformed into a Moist White Cake by using egg whites instead of whole eggs.
Adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking.