- White Cake from Vintage Cakes via Julie Richardson
- 1 1/three cups (five 1/3 ounces) sifted cake flour (sift the flour into the measuring cup)
- 3/4 cup all-motive flour
- 1 half of teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- four oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/three cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks, at room temperature
- three complete eggs, at room temperature
- half cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- half cup heavy cream, bloodless
- 6 cups blueberries, sparkling or frozen
- half cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- zest of half of lemon
- 1 pound (approximately four cups) powdered sugar, sifted (sift after measuring)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
To bake the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 8-inch cake pans and line with buttered parchment.
- Whisk the flours, baking powder and salt collectively in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar collectively on medium velocity for approximately five mins. Scrape down the bowl. On low-pace slowly upload the oil and vanilla until combined. Mix inside the yolks and entire eggs one at a time, scrape down the bowl after every. Add the flour in three elements, alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour.
- In a separate bowl whip the heavy cream to medium peaks. Fold the cream into the cake batter. Divide the batter equally into the cake pans.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 mins or till a tester comes out clean. Allow to chill on a rack.