BLUEBERRY CAKE INGREDIENTS:
three cups all-motive flour
half teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, save-offered or homemade
half of teaspoon almond extract
2 pints (4 cups) sparkling blueberries
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
TO MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 325 ranges F. Grease and flour a bundt pan, and set apart. (See guidelines underneath for the way to properly grease/flour a pan. Also, I used a ten-cup big bundt pan.)
- In a big bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt till combined.
- Using an electric powered mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar collectively on medium-high pace for approximately three minutes, or until mild and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low.
- Add vanilla, almond extract, and eggs (one by one). Continue beating for an additional 2 minutes, scraping down the pan once or twice in order that everything is well mixed.
- Add in 1/2 of the flour aggregate, and beat on low velocity until just combined. Add in half of the Greek yogurt, and beat on low velocity till simply mixed.
- Repeat with the ultimate flour mixture and Greek yogurt, beating until simply mixed. (Do no longer overbeat.) Fold within the blueberries by means of hand, booking a dozen or so greater berries on the aspect.
- Sprinkle the reserved blueberries lightly around the lowest of the prepared bundt pan. Then pour batter evenly into the pan on pinnacle of them, and unfold the top of the batter with a spoon until it’s miles clean..
- Bake for 60 to seventy five mins or till a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a cord rack for as a minimum half-hour, or till the metal pan is lukewarm to touch (and no longer hot). Invert the cake onto a cooling rack or serving dish, and allow it cool absolutely. Drizzle with the glaze.
- Serve straight away, or store protected for as much as 5 days.
TO MAKE THE GLAZE:
- Whisk elements together in a small bowl until clean. If the glaze is simply too thick, upload more milk. If it’s too thin, upload extra powdered sugar.
- *To grease and flour a bundt pan, begin by way of liberally greasing the interior of the pan with cooking spray so that a hundred% of the interior surface is protected.
- Add a few tablespoons of flour into the pan, and lightly turn and pat the pan until the flour covers every inch of the greased surfaces (adding more flour if wished).
- Then, invert the pan and deliver the top of it some precise pats to shake off any excess.