Crust and Crumble Topping
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup all-reason flour
3/four cup old skool whole-rolled oats (don’t use brief cook or immediately, they’re finer and behave like flour and will make aggregate too dry)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup mild brown sugar, packed
pinch salt, non-obligatory and to flavor
12 oz. (2 cups) blueberries (sparkling or frozen; I used frozen and didn’t thaw)
1/three cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an eight-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside. Lining the pan enables with cleanup and is usually recommended.
- Crust and Crumble Topping – In a big, microwave-safe bowl soften the butter, approximately 1 minute on high strength.
- Add the flour, oats, sugars, non-obligatory salt, and stir to combine. Mixture may be dry and sandy with a few large, properly-fashioned disintegrate portions.
- Set 1 heaping cup mixture aside to be sprinkled on later as fall apart topping.
- Transfer closing mixture to prepared pan, and the usage of a spatula or your hands, tough-% the aggregate to create an excellent, smooth, flat crust; set apart.
- Blueberry Layer – In a massive blending bowl (same one used for crust and collapse is okay), upload all elements and toss to combine. If sugar hasn’t dissolved fully that’s ok as it liquifies whilst baking.
- Evenly distribute blueberry aggregate over the crust.
- Evenly sprinkle with the reserved heaping 1 cup fall apart topping aggregate. Before sprinkling, I squeeze the combination in my palm to inspire larger disintegrate portions to shape.
- Bake for approximately fifty five minutes, or until edges are set and center has just set. Crumble topping should seem set and very pale golden. I used frozen berries without thawing and the pan was very cold going into the oven. If the usage of sparkling berries, baking time may be decreased, however I’m no longer certain with the aid of how a great deal, I’d wager at the least 10-15 minutes, probable much less. Bars might also take longer than fifty five mins if blueberries are very juicy. Watch your bars, now not the clock, whilst evaluating doneness. Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to chill for as a minimum half-hour before cutting and serving. If you try to slice bars before they’ve cooled completely, they’ll be extremely messy and will disintegrate. Bars will keep hermetic at room temperature for up to at least one week, in the fridge for up to 10 days, or inside the freezer for up to six months.