- 1 big egg
- 6 oz. Undeniable or vanilla Greek yogurt (bitter cream may be substituted))
- half of cup liquid-kingdom coconut oil (canola or vegetable oil can be substituted)
- half cup mild brown sugar, packed
- half cup darkish brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to two teaspoons cinnamon, or to flavor
- 1 teaspoon floor nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 to one 1/four cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 small/medium)
- 1 three/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, non-obligatory and to flavor
- approximately 1 half of cups frozen blueberries (keep them frozen and don’t thaw; sparkling can be substituted)
- half of cup unsalted butter (1 stick), thoroughly softened
- approximately 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (if using frozen, make certain they’re nicely-tired)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray two eight×4-inch loaf pans with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pans; set apart.
- Bread – In a massive bowl, add first eight ingredients (through nutmeg), and whisk to combine.
- Add the bananas and stir to include.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, non-compulsory salt, and fold with spatula or stir lightly with a spoon till just mixed; don’t overmix. Batter is extraordinarily thick.
- Fold in blueberries with a spatula.
- Turn batter out into organized pans, smoothing the tops gently with a spatula and pushing it into corners and aspects as vital.
- Bake for about forty to 45 mins (if the use of sparkling berries, baking time will likely be decreased), or till the top is domed, golden, and the middle is set, and a toothpick inserted within the center comes out easy, or with some wet crumbs, but no batter. I baked forty two mins general, and during the last five minutes, tented the pans with a sheet of foil so tops wouldn’t get too browned before centers cooked via. Baking instances will range based totally on moisture content of bananas, blueberries, climate, and oven variances. Bake till carried out; watch your bread, no longer the clock.
- Allow bread to chill in pan for approximately 15 mins earlier than turning out on a wire rack to chill completely earlier than reducing and serving. While bread cools, make the Blueberry Butter.
- Blueberry Butter – In a small bowl, combine the butter, blueberries, and whip vigorously with a spoon to mix. Optionally, rather than blueberry butter, strive Strawberry Butter, Honey Butter, Cinnamon-Sugar Butter, or Vanilla Browned Butter Glaze. Bread will preserve airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or inside the freezer for up to 6 months. Blueberry butter will hold hermetic within the refrigerator for up to one week.