This is a lot like a lasagna, only Mexican-style! Serve like a pie and garnish with sour cream, salsa, lettuce and tomato. Make sure you like spicy foods before trying this one. It’s hot.
The Best Burrito Pie
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 2 ounce can black olives, sliced
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chili peppers
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 16 ounce jar taco sauce
- 2 16 ounce cans refried beans
- 12 8 inch flour tortillas
- 9 ounces shredded Colby cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes. Drain any excess fat, if desired. Mix in the olives, green chile peppers, tomatoes with green chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
#pie recipes#pie recipes easy#pie recipes easy 3 ingredients#pie recipes blueberry#pie recipes videos