- 1 small head cauliflower, reduce into small florets (should yield approximately 3 cups as soon as processed)
- ½ cup / 1.7 ounces / 50 gr mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 loose variety egg, gently beaten
- ½ teaspoon high-quality grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons thick tomato sauce
- ½ cup / 1.7 ounces / 50 gr mozzarella cheese
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C) and area a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease liberally with olive oil.
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets in batches (procedure till calmly chopped however now not pulverized). Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave dish and microwave on excessive for eight minutes, till cooked.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze out as lots moisture as you could (I squeezed out greater than 1 cup of liquid). This could be very critical. The cauliflower rice wishes to be dry. Otherwise you’ll become with a delicate dough, not a crusty one.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl and upload egg, mozzarella, oregano, sea salt and pepper. Mix nicely.
- Using your arms, press the mixture onto the baking sheet and shape into three discs (diameter need to be about five inches).
- Place within the oven and bake for 10 (no more no much less, 10 mins).
- Remove from the oven and, operating quick, pinnacle the 1/2 of each disc with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Using a big spatula cautiously carry the 1/2 of the disc without filling and fold it over the opposite part (that’s ok if the disc brakes a chunk).
- Use your palms to push the rims of every calzone together and seal within the filling.
- Bake in the oven for a further 12 mins.
- Serve hot!
One cauliflower crust calzone yields 161 calories, eight.3 grams of fats, 8 grams of carbs and eleven grams of protein.