Here’s what you need: large egg yolk, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, milk, unsalted butter, large egg, all-purpose flour.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar, divided (400 g)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened (115 g)
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour (435 g)
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, whisk the yolks and ½ cup (100 g) of sugar until pale in color.
- Add the cornstarch and vanilla extract, and whisk well. Add the milk and whisk until fully combined.
- Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 4-6 minutes, whisking every 1-2 minutes, until the mixture becomes a thick custard.
- Re-cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened butter and ½ cup (100 g) of sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough is crumbly, but holds together when squeezed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Once chilled, roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper until it is ¼-inch (6 mm) thick.
- Cut out 6 2-inch (5 cm) diameter rounds of dough. Remove the excess dough and transfer the rings to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Re-roll the leftover cookie dough to the ¼-inch (6 mm) thickness. Cut out 6 more 2-inch (5 cm) rounds, then cut a 1½-inch (4 cm) ring inside the 2-inch (5 cm) rounds. Transfer the whole rounds to the baking sheet, then remove the inner circles.
- get full instructions https://tasty.co/recipe/creme-brulee-cookies