- three/four cup of Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp of oat fiber (or 2 Tbsp of coconut flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- half of tsp baking powder
- 8 ounces. Of Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 2 ozof Cream Cheese
- 1 lg. Overwhelmed egg
- half of tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 8 ounces. Of breakfast sausage, browned (I make my personal)
- 4 ounces. Of Cream Cheese, softened
- half cup Monteray Jack Cheese, shredded (or Cheddar)
- For the pinwheel dough add for your shredded cheese and your 2 ouncesof cream cheese to a microwave secure bowl.
- Melt the cheeses collectively until they may be gentle enough to combination them together with your spoon. You want your cheese combination to be very tender and mixable. I start off nuking it for 1 complete minute then stir it. If it’s miles still stiff then go back it to the microwave for 15 to twenty seconds at a time till it’s far very clean.
- Add in your dry elements, the overwhelmed egg and spices to the melted cheese and stir properly. You need all of the dry elements to be incorporated into the cheese. This will take some work in your component because the dough receives stiff. I frequently use my fingers at this factor to kneed the dough until it’s miles all blended. Be cautious the cheese continues to be warm at this factor.
- If your dough receives to stiff at the same time as you are operating with it just stick it back inside the microwave for 15-20 greater seconds so it’ll lighten up.
- After mixing the dough you ought to now not have any clumps of dry combination showing. If you continue to see it then work and kneed your dough more. You need all of the substances to be completely mixed collectively.
- Set you dough aside and cover with plastic wrap even as you work in your filling.
- Brown your sausage and drain off all of the grease earlier than including inside the 4 ouncesof cream cheese.
- Let the cream cheese melt into the sausage over low warmness. Stir often to keep away from scorching the cream cheese.
- Let your combination cool completely.
- When ready to make your pinwheels, you can roll out your dough on a properly greased board or between portions of greased plastic wrap. I like to use my slicing board that I spray with cooking spray. But any nonstick surface or the plastic wrap will do. Just spray it nicely
- Roll your dough out right into a square shape as quality you can. Your dough ought to be approximately 1/8 -1/4 of an inch thick whilst performed.
- Spread the sausage mixture calmly over the dough and top it with the 1/2 cup of Monteray Jack Cheese. You can sub any cheese you like, I much like the melt component inside the Jack.
- When you start to roll your pinwheels ensure you get the roll as tight as possible. I do this by means of rolling the primary in in tight then as I roll once more I pull lower back towards me barely. This stretches the dough a touch and permits your to roll it tighter.
- Continue this rolling process until you have your roll completed.
- Carefully cowl the roll with plastic wrap and chill it inside the refrigerator for at least 30 min. You may even make the roll in the morning and prepare dinner them later that nighttime. I like those for breakfast too with eggs so I make the dough the night time earlier than and wrap it thoroughly. Then slice and bake while ready.
- To bake the pinwheels you’ll need to slice it with a sharp knife. I locate that a bread knife or serrated knife works fine. You need to be able to get 22-24 slices from your pinwheel log.
- Place them on a slightly greased baking sheet and bake them at 400 stages for about 12-14 minutes. Start watching them intently after 10 mins. You need them brown and crisp but now not overly dry.
- Note: I actually have updated the post above to blanketed commands for freezer these pinwheels. They are simply as incredible after freezing as they’re when baked right away!
- ***Estimated Nutritional Information in step with pinwheel the usage of my brands and oat fiber alternative: Calories: 121, Fat: 10 grams, Carbs: 2.Four grams, Fiber: 1 gram Net Carbs: 1.Four grams, Protein: 6 grams, Sodium: 239 grams.
Estimated Nutritional Information consistent with pinwheel the usage of my manufacturers and oat fiber alternative: Calories: 121, Fat: 10 grams, Carbs: 2, Fiber: 1 Net Carbs: 1, Protein: 6 grams, Sodium: 239grams.
Source : https://www.mytableofthree.com/sausage-cream-cheese-pinwheels/