THE BEST MINI FRENCH APPLE CAKE
This THE BEST MINI FRENCH APPLE CAKE is perfect for CAKE lOVER. It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 pounds about 4 Granny Smith apples , peeled, cored, cut into 8 wedges, and sliced 1/8 inch thick crosswise
- 4 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup 5 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 7 ounces plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs. room temperature
- 10 tablespoons 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350℉. Spray six 3-inch round cake pan (3-inch high) with cooking spray, line bottoms with parchment, grease parchment. Place prepared pan on rimmed baking sheet, set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the butter until it turns golden brown, about 5-8 minutes; remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Place apple slices into microwave-safe pie plate, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave until apples are pliable and slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Toss apple slices with 1 tablespoon of dark rum and lemon juice and let cool for 15 minutes.
Whisk 1 cup flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt together in bowl. Whisk eggs, brown butter, milk, remaining 3 tablespoon of rum and vanilla together in second bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Using spatula, gently fold in cooled apples. Divide batter evenly between prepared pan; using offset spatula, spread batter evenly. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar evenly over cakes.
Bake until center of cake is set, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and top is golden brown, about 45-50 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack; let cool for 15 minutes. Run paring knife around sides of pan and invert cake from pan and cool on wire rack completely, about 1 hour.