This Potato Mochi is perfect for Potato Lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 220 g 8oz. potatoes
- 2 tbsp. Katakuriko potato starch or corn starch
- * 2 tbsp. sugar
- * 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- * 2 tbsp. Mirin sweet Sake
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 Nori sheet
• Mix the sauce. Cut Nori sheet into 8 strips.
• Wash and clean the potatoes. With the skins, place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave at 600w for 5 minutes until you can insert a fork or a bamboo stick. Remove the skins then mash.
• Add Katakuriko (potato starch) then knead by hand.
• Divide it into 8, then roll into flat circles. If they crack, moist your hand with water then roll again.
• Heat cooking oil (about 2 tbsp.) in a frying pan, cook both sides of potato Mochi until crisp golden brown.
• Remove the excess oil with a paper towel. Stop the heat, then add the sauce and cook with the remaining heat until the sauce thickens. You can heat more if the sauce is still not thick
• Nicely coat the potato Mochi with sauce, then wrap in Nori.
• Yummy if you add some cheese in the center
• Best eaten on the day you make but yes, you can keep in the fridge then microwave.
• .You can also freeze them at step 3. Wrap individual potato Mochi in plastic wrap. When you eat, cook in the pan frozen.