The Best Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake
This The Best Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake is perfect for cake lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- one 16.50-ounce box spice cake mix
- one 15-ounce can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- one 12-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- one 12-ounce jar caramel sundae topping
- one 8-ounce container whipped topping thawed (I used fat free)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce storebought or homemade, regular caramel sauce or caramel sundae topping may be substituted
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
To a large bowl, add the cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg, oil, pumpkin pie spice, and beat with a handheld electric mixer on high until smooth and combined, about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Bake for about 27 to 30 minutes, or until cake is set in the center, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.
While the cake bakes combine the sweetened condensed milk, caramel sundae topping, and whisk to combine; set aside.
Remove cake from the oven when it’s done and use the blunt end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. I didn’t count but I estimate I poked the cake in about 60 places, evenly spaced over the surface.
Slowly pour the sweetened condensed milk and caramel mixture over the cake, taking your time to evenly distribute it. Place cake in the fridge for about 15 minutes to cool slightly before adding the whipped topping so it doesn’t melt.
Remove cake from the fridge, evenly spread the whipped topping over the surface, evenly sprinkle with toffee bits, chocolate chips, and evenly drizzle with salted caramel sauce. Cover cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best) before slicing and serving. Cake will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.