- 1 lb of ahi (yellowfin) tuna reduce into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp or Pinch of chili powder, paprika or add chili flakes to taste
- 1 square inch of clean ginger handed thru the garlic press (or ½ tsp grated)
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped scallions (spring onions)
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- Cut the tuna into at ½” to ⅓” sized cubes – set aside and refrigerate.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large glass bowl and refrigerate for as a minimum 30 minutes.
- To serve, toss the tuna into the marinade.
- Serve chilled on its very own or over a bowl of rice and seaweed.
- I opt for go very light at the chili, simplest due to the fact I love the flavor of tuna, but if chili is your factor, pass beforehand and knock your self out with chili flakes!
- Other recipes additionally encompass Maui onion. Personally, I don’t need to kill the delicate flavor of the tuna so I miss it. I assume the scallions are extra than sufficient.
- Source : http://carolinesfamilykitchen.com/tuna-poke-ahi-tuna-salad/