- four medium gala apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- half of cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1/four cup water
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 CUP CHOPPED PECANS, WHIPPED CREAM
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine oats and pecans (if preferred) with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Spread out on a baking sheet in a thin layer and bake for 4-6 minutes till golden and toasted. Remove and set apart. Reduce oven temp to 325°F.
- Rinse and center the apples, but make certain no longer to cut through the lowest of the apple. You can use an apple corer or a paring knife. Make certain seeds are removed as well (scoop out with spoon)
- In a bowl integrate oat-pecan aggregate with brown sugar, yogurt , melted butter and cinnamon. Spoon combination into the hollow space of each apple. Place apples in an 8X8 inch baking dish. Pour water in the backside of dish.
- Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes till soft (not mushy). Top with whipped cream or ice cream and serve.